Evaluating the therapeutic effect of a mixed herbal drink of marshmallow and licorice on covid 19 patients, a double blind clinical trial
Randomize double blind clinical trial, with control group, with a sample size of 60 people, with parallel groups, Phase 3 of Clinical trial
Settings and conduct
The place of the study is Ahvaz University of medical science hospitals, simple sampling of patients with random allocation, double blind clinical trial, used drug and placebo, Supervisor and participants are blind
Participants/Inclusion and exclusion criteria
1. Age ≥18 years
2. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test confirmed infection with COVID 19.
3. Lung involvement in imaging
5. Less than 8 days since illness onset
6. Willingness of study participant to accept randomization to any assigned treatment arm.
7. Must agree not to enroll in another study before 28th day of this study.
1. Physician decision not to participate in the study
2. Severe liver disease
3. Low oxygen saturation
4. Known allergic reaction to Marshmallow or Licorice
5. Severe renal disease
6. Pregnant or breastfeeding women
7. Will be transferred to another hospital
8. Receipt of any another experimental treatment
9. Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor users
10. Hypertensive patients
Main group will be received the drug of the study. Every sacher in main group contains 2.5 gram of Marshmallow and 2.5 gram of Licorice.
Control group will be received placebo, Every sacher in control group contains 5 gram of starch.
Patients should infuse the contents of one packet with 250 cc of boiling water for 10 minutes every 12 hours, then strain and sip
Main outcome variables
virus polymerase reaction, fever, dyspnea, chill, cough, Chest X ray, chest CT scan, lymphocyte blood count, C_ reactive protein